REFLECTOR: Franklin Intake Manifold,

Michael Watson mikewatsspg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 18:37:19 CST 2009

To all Franklin drivers.

After a trip to Sebastian (Velocity) last week, I decided to change my oil.
While pulling off
the bottom cowl, two bolts fell out of the cowl to the floor. (Panic). After
searching the engine
with a flood light for thirty minutes I finally found where there were from.
Both were from the number
six intake manifold. A further search found that one other bolt was missing
from the number
two manifold flange. Needless to say all twelve intake manifold bolts were
removed, cleaned,
blue lock tight applied then torqued to factory specks.

Usually I would not post this, but after taking with another Franklin driver
he also said the
same thing happened to him last year with 270 hrs on his.

So guys, next annual please check to make sure all your bolts are accounted
for and tight.
BTW: you will need a very thin wall 12mm socket and wrench.

--
Mike W.
1997 Velocity Elite RG