REFLECTOR: Fuel Consumption Performance

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 31 20:37:55 CDT 2009

Al,

Here are the numbers for a FF of 8 GPH:

Altitude 11,000, OAT +9, IAS 130, TAS 157, FF 8.0, MAP 16.2  power 48%.

Any slower and the deck angle gets to high, and it seem to want to fall off
the step.  I would never fly this slow, and for sure in a head wind.  Like
you called it, after spending all this money it is nuts to save $25 on the
fuel bill.unless you are trying to build flying time, and don't want to
think about what this does to TBO date.

Terry