REFLECTOR: Main wheel angle

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon Aug 31 18:54:53 CDT 2009

My main gear wheels/tires have a slight positive camber when taxing
straight ahead with just me in the plane.

But with a heavy load or when turning, one or both of the legs
splay(sic?) out a bit and the wheels show a definite negative camber.
I'd say 5+ degrees.
It looks weird.

I was going to try to modify the end of the leg so the axle has a angled
pad to bolt to that would angle the wheels a bit more so there was more
positive camber.

Anybody else seen this behavior?  Done anything about it?  Thinks its fine?

Scott