REFLECTOR: Gap Seals, fences, zig-zag tape

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Mon Aug 31 14:45:02 CDT 2009

I heard an explanation once, I think it was from Klaus, and my recollection is it's because with the spanwise flow corrected, the wing generates lift more efficiently, and thus can fly slightly faster at the same angle-of-attack, or similarly climb better.  Of course, I could be butchering it too, but that's what I recall.  When we get back in the air I plan to to some oil and performance testing on fences and vgs and turbulator tape, hopefully fairly rigorously.

Brett