REFLECTOR: Gap Seals, fences, zig-zag tape

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Mon Aug 31 14:26:34 CDT 2009

How do trailing edge fences improve climb rate?

 Doug Holub

Good question.  From what I have seen, there is no span-wise under the wing,
although I don't know about out board of the aileron.  I also don't see how
a fence on the out board end of the aileron would affect aileron
effectiveness; so I'm guessing the any improvement in climb rate would come
from fences out-board of the aileron.  Maybe Klaus could explain that I'm
wrong.

Al