REFLECTOR: SL-30 Spurious Emmisions

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Wed Aug 26 11:35:32 CDT 2009

Kurt;

I talked to the Apollo tech support - 'spurious emissions' means bleed over
from one frequency to another.  So if I'm communicating on one frequency, it
may also be heard to some degree on another frequency.  So apparently those
affected would be folks like you in ATC.  Since I got my unit about 8 years
ago, it seems strange that it would take this long to figure it out. I'll
have to pull my unit and verify whether it is the specific part and mod
number that is affected; and then return to the vendor for servicing if need
be.

How is your project coming?

My door replacement is proceeding, but slowly.  Had some delays waiting for
parts; just got the window late last week - apparently a vendor change at
Velocity.  And as you may recall, I had customized the doors with a strake
extension to get more elbow room, so that involves mods to the door, latch
rods, and upholstery panel.  Now just need to put the windows in and do the
finish work; which is no small task. Oh, yeah; and wire in the latch warning
circuit.

Meanwhile, I leaving for a week on the 1st, and had to book United:-(.

Al