REFLECTOR: New Dynon Skyview EFIS

Tom tomcat05 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 23 19:40:46 CDT 2009

Dennis, I've had a D-100 for 2 years and I've got a few neighbors with
various Dynons. Good units, minimal issues, good support. They
constantly update software and add capability. Software is free even
when it upgrades the unit. Go over to the forum section on their website
and you'll get a feel on what the customers opinions are. Notice the
response times from the factory which are quite good. Tom

I'm dreaming about the future, but I saw an article about the new Dynon
Skyview EFIS supposedly available in December.

http://www.dynonavionics.com/docs/news_technology_preview.html

Did anyone see their new products? Impressions?

I know a local pilot who tells me he loves his panel, but I've never flown
with him. A few questions for those who own (or have experience) with Dynon
panels:

1) How reliable is the equipment? Software?
2) Is the support as good as advertised?
3) Is there a competitive brand that you prefer?

Thanks in advance,

Dennis Martin