REFLECTOR: Rocky Mountain instruments for sale-New

Dale Alexander dalexan48 at dslextreme.com
Sun Aug 23 14:25:02 CDT 2009

Hi all,

Many years ago, I saw the Velocity that Mark Machado built when he was based
at Lincoln, CA. His panel was equipped with the Rocky Mountain Micro-Monitor
and Micro-Encoder. I thought that they were a pretty neat combination
package and purchased both from Rocky Mountain for $1000 each in kit form.
Both were available for about $1400 each if they completed them.

Because I now longer own the Velocity kit I was building and do not see a
kit plane in the future, I am offering both of these instruments for sale,
priced at $600 each.

"The microENCODER is a mode C altitude encoder with a host of additional
features. Using solid-state sensors and processing technology with a
powerful microprocessor, the unit combines an altitude encoder with a
graphic/digital vertical speed indicator, digital airspeed indicator,
sensitive digital altimeter and digital outside air temperature indicator.
Magnetic compass heading is available with attachment of the optional
compass module."

"With this information available to the microprocessor, additional flight
information such as true airspeed, altitude alert, density altitude,
pressure altitude and true air temperature are available at the touch of a
switch. Front panel controls allow the user to select options and enter
warning limits to tailor the microENCODER to his aircraft and personal
preferences."

"The combination of all these features in one quality instrument creates a
space-saving and cost-effective instrument that can be used as an encoder
and primary instrument for VFR sport fliers or an encoder and backup
instrument for IFR pilots."

There is a more complete description of the features at www.rkymtn.com
select the 3rd from the top on the left hand column.

"The microMONITOR is designed to replace all traditional engine
instrumentation in aircraft, resulting in a cost-effective method of saving
panel space and weight."

"The microMONITOR has 23 different functions including percent power,
manifold pressure, tachometer, exhaust gas temperature, cylinder head
temperature, oil temperature, carburetor temperature, ammeter, voltmeter,
oil pressure, fuel pressure and outside air temperature. An integral
turbine-sensor fuel totalizer provides fuel flow, fuel quantity remaining
and time to dry tanks."

"Using a powerful microprocessor, the unit continuously displays the engine
parameters on a custom designed display while at the same time providing
advanced computer monitoring of the engine."

"The measurements of all critical functions are compared to alarm set points
that are adjustable by the user using the front panel controls. Any
out-of-limit measurement activates an audio alarm, and the errant reading
blinks on the display."

"The compact microMonitor also includes a five-function clock with GMT, LMT,
timer with two modes and an engine hour meter with reset and accumulative
tach time."

There is a more complete description of the features at www.rkymtn.com
select the 5th from the top on the left hand column.

Building these kits provided me with many enjoyable hours on raining Sunday
evenings and I would keep them both if any prospect of a experimental plane
were seen on the horizon. Both instruments have been completed through
burn-in stage and are operating properly as far as I can tell without being
installed into an aircraft. All harnesses and sensors that were included in
original kit are included. They have not been installed or used as of yet. I
have video of the units being operated and can send these along if anyone
wishes to view them.

Please contact me off The Reflector to keep traffic down.

Thanks,

Dale Alexander

Paradise, CA.

530-872-0342