REFLECTOR: Static RPM Question

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Tue Aug 18 13:01:48 CDT 2009

Thanks for reminding me Doug,

I automatically lean for takeoff out of habit. I forgot some flatlanders (no offense) don't have to do this.

Make sure you lean properly for takeoff at higher density altitudes (your engine manufacturer will have recomendations). It can mean a BIG difference in power. In some cases I have heard aircraft that takeoff without leaning actually lose RPM right after they lift off due to the cylinders slowly loading up with fuel.

Kurt