REFLECTOR: Road trip

Jeff Barnes jcbarnes411 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 15 11:00:36 CDT 2009

Hi Folks,

      Sorry for non-aviation post, but...

      Sudden honey-do event has me flying to PHX today to drive my Aunt's 97-honda back to Chicago tomorrow morning - I leave Sky Harbor headed to ABQ about 6:30am phx time.

      Anybody in ABQ want to show off their plane or project, do Quick coffee, and are  reasonably close to I-40? I'll be coming thru at whatever the standard drivetime PHX-FlagStaff-ABQ will bring me to town, maybe a bit sooner.

      After that, I'm headed ABQ to Kansas City, mapquest has me getting off I-40 at exit 333 (east border of NM) angling NE to US-54 thru Wichita and over to I-35.  Question, is that really faster than I-40 to OK-City, or Tulsa then north to KC ?

      Course, I'll buy a real map in PHX to see road sizes, but always good to ask the locals!

Thanks,

Jeff Barnes
847-331-2567 cell