REFLECTOR: Fuel Consumption Performance

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 13 12:10:37 CDT 2009

I also use a gascolator but have never found any contamination in it.  On the other hand the drain on the bottom of my center sump always produces junk.  When the fuel supply line runs dry there is still about a quart of fuel remaining in the sump and this seems to be where the junk collects and never gets to the rest of the fuel system.  My engine is carbureted so there is no fuel return to the sump and this allows stuff to settle out.  I'm just guessing about the settling but the fact remains that junk doesn't even get as far as the gascolator.

Larry Coen
N136LC