REFLECTOR: Fuel Consumption Performance

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Thu Aug 13 08:41:11 CDT 2009

In a message dated 8/12/2009 5:39:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
scott at tnstaafl.net writes:

Doug,

You experienced my worst nightmare concerning that  Wallmart special
filter!   I'd be thinking real hard about  installing a real fuel filter!

I installed one like this, I'm assuming  because the filter is so large
it can handle a huge amount of gunk before  clogging up.

What's wrong with the standard gascolator?
_www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/ap/fuel_gascolators.html_
(http://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/ap/fuel_gascolators.html)    It is opened and inspected for contaminants, has a settling
area for  water/contaminants which should be drained before each flight
(remember primary  training)?  I have been using one for 14years on my STD.  Of
course I  still use a "six pac" and fly the ILS with needles so maybe I'm
missing  something.
TEC