REFLECTOR: Fuel Consumption Performance

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Wed Aug 12 21:04:26 CDT 2009

I ran one of the glass tube filters on my boat for over 10 years- always
kept a spare element though- never lost fuel pressure, but I checked it
pretty often- it was good to see if I had bad gas, rust in the tank, even
checked to see if the fuel pump was working. I would think it is a good
thing to see if you are still getting junk from your tank, but the large
paper element unit would clog up a lot less slowly, allowing you plenty of
time to get around to changing it- hard to call....