REFLECTOR: Fuel Consumption Performance

aminetech at bluefrog.com aminetech at bluefrog.com
Wed Aug 12 15:31:46 CDT 2009

I think the plugging should decrease with time. I bought my velo with 200 hours and no filter. The carb float valve was leaking, probably fouled by fiberglass particles. I replaced the float and seat and installed a cheapo NAPA in line filter. After 1 year/100 hours I replaced the filter. It had no pressure buildup compared to the new one. Over the years I have increased my run time. Last spring I replaced a filter after 3 years/300 hours and still no pressure buildup.

John