REFLECTOR: Fuel Consumption Performance

Tom Tolton tjtolton at charter.net
Wed Aug 12 09:27:05 CDT 2009

Thanks Doug.  Interesting data.

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Douglas Holub
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 11:24 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel Consumption Performance

Got back from vacation today-- Texas to Seattle and back. My fuel filter
clogged up at 10,500 feet between Butte and Missoula in the Rockies. Pretty
exciting. Ask me about that story some time.

Last two legs were Laramie, WY to Denver FTG, then FTG to Dallas.  Had to
divert around some thunderstorm activity, so those two legs were 765 nm on
38 gallons of fuel. 5.9 hrs on the hobbs. That's 20.1 nm/gal including two
take offs and landings. Average TAS around 140-145 kts at 9500 feet, 2400
RPMs, 50 degrees LOP. IOX-360 with electronic ignition. FG with a
retractable nose gear. Fixed pitch, 2-blade prop. Standard fuselage. Hauling
about 475 lbs of people and baggage.

Doug Holub

N2980W, 95 hrs