REFLECTOR: Fuel Consumption Performance

Douglas Holub douglas.holub at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 22:23:34 CDT 2009

Got back from vacation today-- Texas to Seattle and back. My fuel filter clogged up at 10,500 feet between Butte and Missoula in the Rockies. Pretty exciting. Ask me about that story some time.

Last two legs were Laramie, WY to Denver FTG, then FTG to Dallas.  Had to divert around some thunderstorm activity, so those two legs were 765 nm on 38 gallons of fuel. 5.9 hrs on the hobbs. That's 20.1 nm/gal including two take offs and landings. Average TAS around 140-145 kts at 9500 feet, 2400 RPMs, 50 degrees LOP. IOX-360 with electronic ignition. FG with a retractable nose gear. Fixed pitch, 2-blade prop. Standard fuselage. Hauling about 475 lbs of people and baggage.

Doug Holub
N2980W, 95 hrs