REFLECTOR: Franklin Magneto/inspection/priming questions

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 4 12:00:27 CDT 2009

John,

Sorry about getting short with you but if you blow yourself up, who am I
going to harass then?  In answer to your question, nothing.  In fact when I
first started the engine, I primed for about three seconds and got
underneath and sniffed the intake and couldn't smell gas.  When I cranked
the engine it fired immediately.  It would seem to me that you are dumping
way too much fuel into the manifold when you prime.  You might try a short
squirt and wait a minute for vaporization and then crank.  Just be careful.

Larry Coen
N136LC