REFLECTOR: Franklin Magneto/inspection/priming questions

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Tue Aug 4 07:50:20 CDT 2009

Sorry, Larry, I'm not ignoring your advice and will check if I have the spray nozzle
and if not, look into installing one.  This will take time and given that I have 700
hours without incident and know how to avoid fuel flowing out the induction, I have
other higher priorities to address first.  That said, it seems like priming while the
engine is already turning would be an even safer, if not failsafe, procedure that I can
use immediately.  Since this procedure is not normal, I wanted to solicit comments from
the wealth of knowledge on the reflector.
I prefer to think of my self as difficult, but not impossible, to help.  I am curious
to know what you see on the ground below your air intake after priming for 5 seconds
without turning the engine.

John