REFLECTOR: MGL oshkosh

Tony Babb tonybabb at alejandra.net
Mon Aug 3 12:59:31 CDT 2009

I've been similarly following MGL, and will continue to follow them until
I'm ready to make a decision. Your observations were very similar to mine, I
would add that the frequent software updates in my mind are both a strength
and a weakness. The president's (Rainier Lamers) almost daily responses on
the forum are a strength also, his attitude is very positive and responsive,
I also see regular posts from his distributors - again always positive and
helpful. But it makes me wonder ...what would happen to MGL if Rainier was
run over by a bus, had a heart attack etc as he seems to be the CEO making
strategic decisions and the hardware/ software developer, Chief Technology
Officer etc.

I understand there's no answer to this problem of small growing companies
being heavily dependent on one key person. It's just something you need to
be aware of when you make the decision. Of course, at the rate I'm building,
MGL could be a huge organization by the time I need to choose...sigh.

Tony Babb
SEFG 62% done, 78% to go
www.alejandra.net/velocity