REFLECTOR: Fresh air vent

Kent Murley im at theaerodro.me
Mon Aug 3 11:28:50 CDT 2009

Don -

I recommend having a couple extra vents on the panel fed from a NACA
near the canard.

In my air-leaky RG the overhead plenum provides all the air I would
need, but it's concentrated. Having an extra vent for each front
seater coming out of the panel allows you to fine tune your comfort.

If I turn the front plenum vents full open I get so much air movement
by my face that it activates the intercom constantly. My passengers
don't need the extra drama of listening to my irregular breathing.
Imagine having Darth Vader as a flight instructor.

I wonder if the tighter cabin of a fixed gear would mean the plenum
would allow in less air, making extra vents even more helpful.

Kent
XLRG