REFLECTOR: Electronic Ignition

Jim & Sharon Beck jsbeck at charter.net
Sat Aug 1 10:28:49 CDT 2009

 I  am going to try replacing one Mag on my IO360 Lycoming with an
electronic ignition. Have replaced both slick mags in the first 320 hours of
flying. One at about 190 hrs and one about 320 hours.
I am considering the e mag. Looks to be a plug & play operation and also has
the included alternator for power. I would appreciate any comments, advise
or opinions as to which unit is the best.  Is the heat in the engine
compartment a problem, . My temperature under the cowl runs about 172
degrees F in the summer.
Thanks
Jim  173 RG  380 hrs.