REFLECTOR: New Topic: Nitrogen filled tires

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Wed Apr 29 07:48:53 CDT 2009

The reason the NASCAR guys use nitrogen is car handling is highly sensitive to tire pressure.  1 or 2 psi will turn a go-fast into a go-crash.  Nitrogen has a lower co-efficient of expansion, so the tire pressure is more stable with nitrogen....not by much, but they look for every edge.

Chuck Jensen