REFLECTOR: New Topic: Nitrogen filled tires

SlvEgl99 at aol.com SlvEgl99 at aol.com
Tue Apr 28 14:28:16 CDT 2009

Has anyone any experience with inflating tires with nitrogen instead of
normal air?

Robert Wood

In a message dated 4/28/2009 3:25:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
michalk at awpi.com writes:

You  should mention how much in $$$ to replace those blades, and how much
time  for the replacement procedure.

aminetech at bluefrog.com wrote:
>  Franklin Engine.  I have a total of 670 hours.  However 300 hours  ago I
delaminated the prop ends from a landing on a really rough grass strip
that was more dirt than grass.  I replaced with new blades and  delaminated
ends on 2 of the new blades getting out of that strip.  I  then repaired by
filling the ends with structural adhesive and clamping them  together, followed
by a little sanding to restore the airfoil shape.   They have since worked
as good as new.  The blades are very tough and  should last a long time if I
can keep them off the ground.