REFLECTOR: Running without prop

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sun Apr 26 23:41:33 CDT 2009

Well my V-6 doesn't have a flywheel. It has a Very light weight aluminum flexplate with the steel ring gear on it to start it. Considering it is an odd-fire, heavy cammed, 10:1 compression engine, it runs relatively smooth. It does lope a bit at idle, but not as bad as I thought. It should smooth out nicely once the prop is attached.

Although it may not be as smooth as one likes, I thing you should be able to run any engine gently without a flywheel or a prop. The cooling issue is another matter.

Here it is if you haven' heard it yet:?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT-0zHmcp9o

Kurt
173 FGE
340 HP Aluminum 4.3L V-6.