REFLECTOR: Engine Lubrication

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Thu Apr 23 15:54:40 CDT 2009

Interesting on the mineral oil comment.

So, I have a crazy idea regarding engine cooling.

If there is an emergency need for engine cooling, like near or beyond
redline, would the introduction of water as a fine mist into the engine
case be a way to cool the engine without damage to the engine?

One would think that the water would flash to vapor and be carried out
the case ventilation tube in very short order.