REFLECTOR: One hundred miles per gallon

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Tue Apr 21 20:56:07 CDT 2009

        I'd be interested in learning your MPGs if you could rig a weight
shift fore/aft like the deep stall recovery device.

regards, Jeff

Jeff;

I guess you know that's not going to happen. But I could maybe, someday, get
a number flying alone with partial ballast; with left seat passenger, no
ballast; and w/passenger and ballast. That pretty well covers the CG range.

But I think I can tell you that the first case (rear most CG) will give the
best mileage, and the forward CG the worst.  The canard is not the most
efficient airfoil.

Al