REFLECTOR: Bad running Franklin

Jerry Teitsma jerryteits at comcast.net
Sat Apr 18 11:38:51 CDT 2009

I am still working on the Franklin, trying to figure out what is causing
difficulties.  Recently, I requested lift and duration numbers for the
valves.  I have talked to a couple people but it seems that these numbers
are not available.  Instead of these numbers, can anyone help with the
following?

- Intake Center Line Angle
- Method to check valve lashings after assembly.  There is a tool for
relieving the hydraulic pressure on the valves so that the lash can be
measured.  I do not have this tool and I don't think they are available.  Is
there another way to relieve the hydraulic pressure and check the lashings?

Thanks, JT
Jerry Teitsma, RRC, RRO, CCCA
RCI, Inc
PO Box 796, Granby CO 80446 (USPS mail/shipping)
36 Lodgepole Ct, Granby CO 80446 (UPS/FedEx shipping)
970-887-3910 (Phone/Fax)
jerryteits at comcast.net