REFLECTOR: Flying to Bahamas

KMis178813 at aol.com KMis178813 at aol.com
Sat Apr 11 20:34:52 CDT 2009

Mitch
   Small numbers are fine for Experimental Aircraft in the US but  going
international requires 12 inch. I fit them on the winglets a couple times  and
once or twice on the Fuselage. My induction air intake is under the right
wing so it makes me nervous to put tape on the Fuselage. A Fuel Servo full
of  duct tape looking at a big pond below does not appeal to me!! Not that I
can't  swim, but 20 miles is a little much! MYMM is the airport of entry on
Nassau.  Nice runway and enough jet traffic to keep the runway clean. Very
nice people  including the Customs girl who wanted to be my girlfriend for
the long  weekend? My wife didn't take a fancy to that,  I don't know  why???
Laying by the pool with one of those nice drinks looking at the  hotel
makes you think! The hotel is two buildings with a archway between them. I  did
not measure how wide the archway was but it looked to me like I am sure
that I would have no problem maybe getting the wings through that opening! Then
 I took my afternoon Nap! Let me know if you see the same thing???
   I flew to Cayman in the past (not in my Velo)  mainly because my
sister-in-law has a condo in the middle of 7-mile beach.  Both the Bahamas and
Cayman are very expensive. I am not cheap BUT I found that  I could take enough
supply's in the plane for a week including a lot of frozen  food and drinks.
As long as it is for your own consumption they do not charge  you duty tax
on these items. Makes for a very frugal getaway.
     Ken

In a message dated 4/11/2009 11:16:18 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,