REFLECTOR: Transponder and Radio issues

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sat Apr 11 09:57:58 CDT 2009

1- connector problem on main bus. Check battery, buss and alternator
connectors.
2- battery going south.  check battery voltage engine not running, with
no load(12.6-13.0), with radio transmitting(12+)
3- alternator/regulator failure.  check battery voltage with engine
running, no load(13.8-14.2), with radio transmitting(13.6-14.2)
4- noise on battery buss.  check sound of radio transmitting, engine not
running, then engine running.

I doubt your  transponder and  com  radio  are going south  at the same
time, unless your system experienced a serious voltage spike, even then
I'd be surprised.

Scott