REFLECTOR: Engine failure causes

Jim Agnew jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 6 14:42:47 CDT 2009

Brian, I have a large bore aluminum manifold mounted as high as I can get it on the inside of the engine bulkhead with 5 ports.  Two ports go to the tanks, one to the sump, and the remaining two go to two separate SS 3/8" pipes about 8" apart that go thru the bottom of the hull under the gear.  The pipes are cut at an angle with the angle forward to get a little ram air and have a 1/8" hole in the back just above the angle in case of freezing or plugging.  The reason for two was redundancy since each is more than adequate.

Jim

James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying