REFLECTOR: Blue Mtn Efis

mike.roberts at kennametal.com mike.roberts at kennametal.com
Wed Apr 1 11:14:08 CDT 2009

Hi John...

Thanks for the follow-up. I have one of the older version EFIS systems as
well. I was interested in a newer version because I wanted the WX &
Traffic. BMA said they would upgrade me but it would be at least another
$15k outlay. After reading some of the other guys responses, it sounds
like if I decide to stay with the BMA equipment (I have BMA auto pilot
servos), I should stand-by till they get their ports worked out. Of course
another option is to take it all out and go with a full Garmin system that
compliments my other Garmin components.

Also note, I bought a portable Garmin 496 with XM weather and use it as
well.

Good flying/building guys!

Mike W Roberts
Director of Sales, Americas
Metalworking Solutions & Services Group
email: mike.roberts at kennametal.com
T 803-578-4590
M 843-597-2293

Kennametal Inc. | 1662 MacMillan Park Drive | Fort Mill, SC 29707 |
www.kennametal.com

Imperfect action is better than perfect inaction....DO IT NOW...

John Youngblood <aqcs at comcast.net>
Sent by: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org
03/30/2009 11:11 PM
Please respond to
Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>

Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
cc

Subject
Re: REFLECTOR: Blue Mtn Efis

Hi Mike,

I've decided to keep the Gen 4 and sell my Gen 3 for $4200.  It's got 70
hours on it and is working fine.  Does it all.  But won't accept WX and
Traffic.

I initially wanted the upgraded Gen 4 so I could receive WX and Traffic.
 However, after ordering the Gen 4, I discovered that even-though BMA says
you can connect WX and Traffic,  there aren't enough serial ports to
accept them if you are already using the two ports available for radio and
engine instrumentation.  After talking with Greg, he says there is the
capability to add additional ports in the future with some software
changes.  So, I went ahead and installed the Gen 4 and will wait for the
changes.

Thanks for the inquiry.

John
(925) 830-1872

milehitaz <milehitaz at aol.com>
Sent by: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org
03/23/2009 07:42 PM

reflector at tvbf.org
cc

Subject
REFLECTOR: Blue Mtn Efis

Any one interested in a brand new Blue Mtn EFIS Gen 4 for about $10K.....
Exact price TBD, thinking I will need to sell and if so it will be at my
cost. ... My loss your gain?   Please contact me off list. Thank you,

Larry Lambert
milehitaz at aol.com

The Average US Credit Score is 692. See Yours in Just 2 Easy Steps!