REFLECTOR: plane for sale

Jack Hayes jetjock at frontiernet.net
Sun Sep 28 13:31:44 CDT 2008

Hello......

    My name is Tom Hayes. My father John Hayes (Jack) passed away on  Easter. He was in the process of building a Velocity RGE. Unfortunately we (his children), do not know anything about how to finish this project. We are hoping to sell this and the engine that he had for it. It is currently located at the New Richmond airport in Wisconsin. We are only asking for what he had in it for all of the parts, nothing for the work he had put in it. After talking with a few people, they estimate it is about 3/4 done. He was working on the interior and the instrument panel when he passed away. We know it has retractable gear and gull wing doors, he had also purchased the seats and the carpeting for the inside.

    The engine is a Lycoming IO-360-C1C. He had dropped it off a an engine builder to have it overhauled. We told them to stop the overhaul after he passed away. It has been torn down, inspected, and is ready for reassembly. It will need a camshaft and followers when reassembled. The engine includes: alternator, injection system, and ignition system. I do know he had fit the engine in the plane and had fabricated some of the exhaust so he could so he could do the exterior work on the rear area of the plane body. We also have the log books for the engine and the paperwork from the engine builders.

    If you want more information on the plane and engine please contact my email address: kobi456 at msn.com

    I have a lot of pictures of the plane on my computer at home and can email them to anyone who is interested. If you want to see the plane in person that is possible also. If you need to contact me personally let me know through an email and I will get to you as soon as possible. I only check Dad's email once or twice a week so please use my email for a faster response.

Thanks for your time.

Tom Hayes
kobi456 at msn.com