REFLECTOR: Velocity University - October 3-5

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Thu Sep 25 20:22:04 CDT 2008

Hi Kevin,
The cost of transportation is definately becoming a factor in making travel
decisions.
Still, there are good prices to be had on air fares - and Orlando is less
than a 4-hour flight from New England; Chicago; St. Louis; and down through
Texas.
Everyone at the factory understands and appreciates the $$ costs incurred by
everyone to come to Sebastian.  While we want everyone to have a great time
at VU-2008, this is not an entertainment event.  It's a builders symposium
that is filled with information that every builder should be familiar.  The
builder's symposium at Velocity University is about five times the size of
the program in Dallas.  The Velocity Service Center offers a shop
environment for the composite and mechanical workshops.  Velocity has
conservatively invested $10K to organize this event at its home base in
Sebastian.  The cost to duplicate this effort anywhere else would be
prohibitive.
Many builders feel that they are doing a wonderful job at putting together
their aircraft.  Indeed, most are - but some are missing or misunderstanding
some of the fundamental elements of how to put an aircraft together safely.
This program is for the builders, not for Velocity.  I wish I could do a
better job of communicating  to builders that they owe it to themselves to
take the time to attend.
Best,
Scott Baker