REFLECTOR: AP1 Auto Pilot

Tom tomcat05 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 25 19:15:37 CDT 2008

Lou, I had an AP1 which I had tracking issues with also when I first got
the plane. Since I had many, many bugs to work out in the entire plane,
I took the easy way out and bought a Tru-Trak which is absolutely
superb. I did consider the Trio autopilot as their EZ pilot can
interface with the navaid servo to save a lot of bucks (but one of the
partners that owns Tru-Trak lives directly across the street from me).
Below is a copy/paste from the Trio Avionics Q&A:

*I already have a Navaid servo installed in my aircraft.  Will your
autopilots work with it?*

Yes, the EZ Pilot is 100% compatible with the Navaid servo.  If you
already have one, you may purchase the EZ Pilot control head and a
jumper cable (to interface with your existing aircraft autopilot wiring)
for $1,095.00.  The Pro Pilot can also use the Navaid aileron servo but
you will need to replace the electrical harness.