REFLECTOR: Alternator??

Keith Hallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Wed Sep 24 22:47:50 CDT 2008

That all sounds right to me.

Keith

  _____

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of HYTEC45 at aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 7:58 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Alternator??

In a message dated 9/24/2008 7:29:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
KeithHallsten at quiknet.com writes:

TEC,

I went with the B&C - they aren't cheap, but their outstanding reputation
for reliability and customer service made it worth it for me.  Another
alternative is Plane Power, which seems to be developing a good reputation.

Keith

I ordered L-40 which includes the boss mount (need anyway), adjustment arm
and belt (need) for $409.  Should save time having all the right stuff at
once and well worth it.  Could have bought it from Spruce for about the same
and had it in one day here in Kalifornia, but would rather see more bottom
line money in B&C's pocket and not the "Big Box" store.

Related note: The gentleman at B&C told me the rule of thumb is that total
load should not exceed 80% of the alternator's capacity.  With everything
including the Christmas lights (Holiday lighting for the politically
correct) on I'm at 23amps so the 40 is fine.

TEC

  _____

Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check
<http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1209382257x1200540686/aol?redir=htt
p://www.walletpop.com/?NCID=emlcntuswall00000001>  out WalletPop for the
latest news and information, tips and calculators.