REFLECTOR: Alternator??

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Tue Sep 23 08:46:48 CDT 2008

I have been running an Alternator I picked up on the way to Oshkosh when
mine gave out over Wyoming in 98.  It is an auto unit I got at an auto shop  and
has worked fine since.  I am having a shearing problem with the center  most
boss mounting bolt.  I have been using a grade 8.  Anyway,  the weight of the
current Alternator and it's location is probably causing  vibrations that have
opened up the boss bracket's holes slightly, allowing  movement and shearing
of the bolt.

I want to replace the Alternator with a newer-lighter one and of  course,
make a new boss bracket to align the new Alternator.  I have a  linear voltage
regulator and need input as to the greatest, latest alternator  without, or
disconnected internal voltage regulator.  40 amp and up should  work fine as I
have steam gauges.

When I got back from Oshkosh in 98, I called B&C and told the gentleman  what
I had (auto, rebuilt for who knows) and I would like to purchase  on of
theirs.  He politely told me that while he would love to sell me one  of his, if
what I have is working fine, to call him when it craps out.  I  thought I would
check with you guys first.

Thanks for the help.
TEC