REFLECTOR: air induction

Michael Watson mikewatsspg at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 16:10:27 CDT 2008

Ken,

I used the standard air scoop supplied by the factory. The input side
was filled and shaped like the armpit ducts.  I then fitted a aluminum
band around the leading edge which secure a screen mesh which
covers the entire front area.

I've been running my Franklin for ten years now without an air filter.
Oil analysis at each oil change shows very tiny amounts of silica.
Compression still shows 78~79 on each cylinder.

   _________
  |XXXXXXXXX|
  |XXXXXXXXX|

--