REFLECTOR: air induction

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Sun Sep 21 10:01:11 CDT 2008

I have had very good results using K & N filters in all my vehicles...  and
that includes my cherokee 235.  Challenger has STC's for K&N filter  use in
aircraft.  They cost a bit more, but they are head and shoulders  above the old
Bracket type or the paper ones. Plus you can clean and reuse them  over and
over.

I put the K & N on my 235 and, while it may have increased the power  (didn't
notice that), it did lower my fuel burn about 1/2 Gallon per hour. Now  days,
I think that pays for itself :)

Bottom line, if you use a cessna type filter setup, order a K & N  filter
from challenger (or find the number and buy it from an auto store for  your
experimental).

_Challenger Aviation  Products_
(http://www.challengeraviation.com/testi.html)

I would also make sure you size whatever filter you are using correctly for
not only the engine displacement, but power as well.

 Kurt

n a message dated 9/20/2008 11:56:22 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,