REFLECTOR: 51% rule changes

Andy Millin amillin at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 13 10:33:00 CDT 2008

Thanks John,

Very flattering.  I can't really believe that I came up with an argument, or
even a point EAA or the FAA has not heard before.  I'm just trying to add my
voice.

I seriously doubt I will receive a personal response.  Honestly, I would be
surprised if I received an acknowledgement or receipt for the submission.

Although, I was reading my Sport Aviation last night.  As it happened, I was
up the the "What our Members are Building & Restoring" section.  The thought
crossed my mind.  You know the EAA has been getting the the FAA's face
pretty hard on the 51% rule changes.  As you know, I am grateful; we can use
all the help we can get.

ON THE OTHER HAND....

Isn't it a bit hypocritical for EAA to showcase, in any fashion, an aircraft
that clearly does not represent an accomplishment of the builder?  By
putting in the picture of the Lancair that was built in a little over a
year?  By running articles on how I built my airplane at the factory.  They
run this stuff and and then turn around and bitch that people are not
following the rules.  Go figure.  Go cast the SECOND stone...

Maybe I should write a small editorial piece.

Andy