REFLECTOR: mixed units

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Thu Sep 11 13:34:28 CDT 2008

In a message dated 9/11/2008 10:03:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
ALVentures at cox.net writes:

or  pounds per square  millimeter with sq mm of the piston surface. Don't mix
the  units.
Matt
A little  tongue-in-cheek there?  In ISU (international system of units),
that  would be Newtons/square meter; which you could then convert to Kg/sq mm.
That’s if you’re talking force.  If you’re talking pressure, then I guess  it
could be Pascals, or even barsJ. And I don’t think  you’d find any fig
newtons in a bar.  Oops; mixed  units.
Al

Wasn't it something like this that caused the Mars Polar explorer to crash
during orbit insertion??
TEC