REFLECTOR: Annual inspection/Compression Checking.

Dave Philipsen velocity at davebiz.com
Thu Sep 11 09:16:04 CDT 2008

Actually, I was thinking of expressing the length in cubits!   :-)

Seriously, though, the pressure is an important thing to keep in mind
when you're doing the compression test.  Even though there may be approx
1700 pounds pushing against the piston, two guys can reasonably manage
the pressure by leaning against opposite sides of a prop blade.  And, if
you position the piston exactly at TDC there is virtually no pressure to
contend with.  Just don't lose your focus while you're doing it and have
an agreement that neither person will relinquish their position until
they both see the pressure gauge go to zero.

--
Dave Philipsen
Velocity STD-FG