REFLECTOR: Annual inspection/Compression Testing.

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Thu Sep 11 08:20:01 CDT 2008

In a message dated 9/10/2008 7:31:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
velocity at davebiz.com writes:

There is  nothing in your formula that quantifies the area over which the
1698 lbs.  is spread.  Using your formula, I could say that the piston is
132mm  in diameter in which case:

13,701.4 sq mm @ 80psi=1,096,112 lbs.  force

HYTEC45 at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 9/10/2008  11:51:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> davedent at comcast.net  writes:
>
>     Remember you are putting 80psi  against sometimes a surface of 5.2"
>     and that's a  lot of area to stop.

5.2" diameter piston as given above by Dave.  Anyway, what's this mm  stuff??
America is the strongest country on earth and we do things in inches  and
speak English! (can't you just hear John Wayne)?
TEC