REFLECTOR: Mechanical Nose Gear Doors

KMis178813 at aol.com KMis178813 at aol.com
Thu Oct 30 20:44:59 CDT 2008

Jack
     I do have some still pictures of the mechanical  nose gear door closing
mechanism but it is really hard to understand until you  see it work. I will
take a short movie or 2 this weekend and send it to you off  reflector. It is
difficult to make one unit for every plane. The placement of  the gear pivot in
relation to the canard bulkhead seems to never be exactly the  same. So
installation is a art of it's own, but when installed correctly seems  to work
flawless. That being said I have 2 mechanisms made up and ready to  ship. Putting
the "Gear in transit micro switch" activated by the gear door  closing,
confirms that the gear is stowed and at least one door is closed. I  have one
installed on Chuck Jensen's Velo (2 years) and one on Shazam  (N173EX) and both are
working great.

          Ken Mishler

PS     I have been (helping) building a Lancair 360 for  a local guy. Just
trying to see how "the other people" view things.  WOW They put the windscreen
and the seats in backwards????

message dated 10/30/2008 5:43:01 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,