REFLECTOR: Canard Incidence

milehitaz milehitaz at aol.com
Wed Oct 15 17:16:09 CDT 2008

Hello great collective,
Couple of questions for you all....

I am working on setting the Canard Incidence on an XL/RG and remember great discussions on how to set. I am going for Zero bubble on my gauge and when I get that I find that my canard sits about 1/8 inch above my canard bulkhead in the bushing holes I have drilled.

Scott Swing at Velocity said its not a big deal, the gap can be filled with micro but it's better to grind the bushing holes downward to get the canard sitting on the bulkhead top. Who am I to argue with the Guru's?  Then angle the holes backward and down to get the incidence. Has most everyone gone through this or did I just screw up that much drilling out the bushing holes? I would have rather had Wood on top of my bushings but now I will have a little structural adhesive, then the wood...is this how everyone else has had their canard mounts go?

Second....I have a slight twist to my canard on the Right side only...is there one part of the canard that it better to gauge "Average " at?

Thank you all in advance for your input....

Larry Lambert
XL/RG