REFLECTOR: Split Kit to Australia

Ken C. Baker kenb at velocityaircraft.com
Mon Oct 13 09:51:44 CDT 2008

Brett and Allyson et al,

Whoops. I accidentally hit send on the last email without looking at the
address line. Disregard. (Unless someone else wants some lacquer thinner
too.)

In answer to the split kit questions:

The gentleman who answers kitsales at velocityaircraft.com took last Thursday
and Friday off in anticipation of having to work a show this weekend. So
first off, apologies in not getting back to Allyson quite yet. I'd be more
than willing to fill in the gaps in the mean time though.

Before Oshkosh we decided that it would be a good idea to offer a split kit
that is divided even further than the previous wings/fuselage offering. The
idea was to offer six sub-kits to make it easier for people to self-finance.
We used Oshkosh to test the waters and take orders if the interest was
there. At Oshkosh there was absolutely *zero* interest. No one expressed
even the slightest interest. So we placed a lower priority in getting the
sales details on the web.

Velocity is still offering the split kit, and we'd be more than happy to
discuss details. Allyson, feel free to contact me directly off the Reflector
and we can discuss details. I'll look into freight and crating options to
Australia.

Best Regards,

-Ken Baker
kenb at velocityaircraft.com