REFLECTOR: Strake construction method?

milehitaz milehitaz at aol.com
Sun Nov 30 13:49:18 CST 2008

I just finished my Strakes this way about 2 months ago, I too wish I would have had the option for a Hangar to do both at once but I think they turned out ok. I see a slight difference in the plumb of the two strake ends across the flats of the outboard hard points now that I have moved the Fuse and re leveled it again. It's less than the thickness of a flat washer but its there. I have not attached both wings at same time yet to really get a good look or compare trailing edges. But it did work and I liked this idea much better than the template version. BTW, try stuffing the nose in a corner of your garage and working with the wing diagonal...then change corners for the other wing. I had enough room to walk around vs stoop under each time and I was able to get around opposite spar end to get inside , but I think my garage may be a little over sized and I do not remember the dimensions. Good luck.
Larry Lambert
XL/RG in and on the Doghouse.