REFLECTOR: Gear horn

Darrell & Nora Kufalk kufalk at wi.rr.com
Sun Nov 23 12:59:50 CST 2008

I have the same horn.  It is ear-splittingly loud.  It has the ability to
get 100% of your immediate attention and almost make you dizzy..........when
you are sitting in a quite garage or hanger.

Now start your engine, put on your headset, fly in a busy pattern with 4 or
5 other airplanes with the controller yelling at half of them, add a nice
gusty crosswind, do a forced go-around just to add a little more adrenalin.

Guess what, YOU WILL NEVER HEAR THAT LITTLE BEEPER in a million years.

I installed a Gear Alert from Aircraft spruce and turned the volume up about
as loud as I can stand it.  I only hope the one day I forget my gear that I
will still hear the voice in my headset screaming "CHECK LANDING
GEEEAAAR!!!, CHECK LANDING GEEEAAAR!!!, CHECK LANDING GEEEAAAR"!!!

I'm still not totally convinced I will.

Darrell Kufalk
XLRG
N207DK