REFLECTOR: castor angle.

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Sun Nov 23 06:44:22 CST 2008

I experienced shimmy at 30 kn while braking.  The shimmy was in the
right main.  The problem turned out to be a bent pivot bolt.  You can
check for that by loosening the nut and turning the bolt to see if there
is a tight and a loose spot.  If there is, a short term fix is to leave
the bolt in a tighter position  (check that gear extends properly).
That will make it tighter and eliminate shimmy if that's where it's
coming from.

John