REFLECTOR: Bad Insurance News

LAURA WALKER blwalker105 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 22 22:14:42 CST 2008

After being verbally assured for the last 4 months that my upcoming first flight would be covered, Pam at AUA E-mailed me with the feared good news, bad news deal. First, my premiums would be moderately lower than she had thought. But, as of now, first flights are not coverable from ANY of her insurers. Also, the planned test pilot, John Abraham, was to put 3 or 4 hrs on the plane...now she says they want a minimum of 10 before I fly it. And this is after I just logged 25 hrs with him in Florida (I had no retract time).

I had a bad feeling that this past year's unfortunate events would catch me before I could get my plane in the air, and it looks like it came true.

Oh, well. I suppose I will have to get a written and signed definition of "flight". If I'm lucky, it will be defined as all the wheels clear of the asphalt. This could easily be combined with the first landing 3 seconds later.

I'll let everyone know what transpires.

Bill Walker