REFLECTOR: Emailing: Nose door operator

davedent at comcast.net davedent at comcast.net
Sat Nov 22 11:50:49 CST 2008

I never moved the door rod attach points. I used the same ones that the ball rod end attached to for the hyd. control system.  No change in that part of the hinge at all.  Just put a large area washer with a smaller washer behind it to clear the spring end as it went through the larger area washer that I drilled a hole through for the spring end. The large area washer has to pivot.

The wheel clears the doors by an inch and as it comes out.  The strut leads the wheel so the doors are opening before the wheel makes contact.
I will have to put it all up on jacks to make the movie and this will take some time that I don't have right now.
Dave